Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mushroom and Four Cheese Quiche


I love making quiches! They are really simple to make and you can put just about anything in them and they will come out great! 
So, there are exactly 14 days left until I travel back to the U.S and I am over the moon with joy! I absolutely adore traveling, especially by plane! I like the whole idea of having to pack suitcases, driving to the airport, waiting in line to check-in the luggage. My favorite part though is watching the airplanes outside the huge glass windows while awaiting for my flight to be called. I don't however enjoy the lift off just because I start thinking of all the things that could go wrong, but once I am in the air I'm fine; as long as I don't start thinking that I am miles up in the air and that we could plummet down into the ocean...enjoy the recipe :)

- - - - - -recipe- - - - - - 
Ingredients
2 small yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1/2 an onion, chopped
2 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 container of Tartare spread or 2/3 cup garlic and herbes spread
1 200-g tuna can
3 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
10 small mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 store bought or homemade quiche crust

Ready, set, COOK!
Fill a small saucepan 2/3 of the way with water and bring to a boil. Once the water has boiled bring it to a low simmer and place the potatoes and onions in the water. Drain the onions and potatoes once the potatoes are a bit soft.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a quiche dish with parchment paper and place the crust inside. Pre-bake the crust until very lightly golden brown.

In a medium bowl beat eggs until yolks are completely broken. Add the rest of the ingredients including the onions and potatoes into the bowl until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the mixture is fully cooked.

Wooden Spoon Wonders original (please linkback to this recipe if used on another website)

No comments:

Post a Comment